Saturday 16 May 2015

The Land Below The Wind.

Thanks for stopping by the Borneo Broadcast.  Last year I had the chance to go to a state in Malaysia that is also on the island of Borneo, Sarawak's neighbour, Sabah.  I had been to Sabah before specifically the state capitol Kota Kinabalu, I have even been to Sandakan and Labuan.  I've been there for work and to get away from work.  Well, last year my family and I went to the mountains.
We went to Mount Kinabalu, the area is a protected national park, Kinabalu park and it is a World heritage site. 
Mount Kinabalu is the highest peak in Borneo's Crocker Range, the highest mountain in the malay archipelago. Breathtaking sight isn't it? The thing I enjoyed most was the fact that it was sunny and hot yet the air was cool. Mount Kinabalu is also the 20th most prominent mountain in the world.


 After a short break in our journey from the city to the mountains, we navigated our way to a resort which was located quite near Mount Kinabalu.  As we got closer and closer to the foothill of the mountain, the air got colder and colder.  After we found the resort, we were greeted by this little fella.
You see the resort is right on top of a hill, surrounded by all sorts of flora.  So all the insects came and went as they pleased.  After we checked in, had some lunch, it was time to see the road side stalls we heard so much about. 

 Flowers, flowers and more flowers as far as the eye can see.  You can choose any flower you like.
These road side stalls also had a wide selection of fresh vegetables for sale as well.  Flowers,
     vegetables and fruits, must be the cool mountain air.

Oh look, more flowers!
But these caught my attention, fresh strawberries, mangoes and more!  In my hurry to get some fruits I forgot to snap a few shots of the road side stalls and the traffic but I did catch this shot.  You would think that being a small town high in the mountains, you could get away from gridlock huh?
That's just a few shots I took during that brief stay in the mountains, I'll share a few other shots I took, hope you liked what I had for you, thanks again for dropping by.  Let's talk again some other time.  Take care.

Love, the Borneo Broadcaster.


No comments:

Post a Comment