Monday 25 May 2015

The Beauty of the Mountain

Hi, have you ever had a day that was so long, you thought they'd be no end in sight?  I went through something like that today, days like that can just suck all the energy out of you.  My way of fighting that is by looking at some old pictures I took while on vacation, I wish I took better pictures and more pictures as well.  I still remember my trip to Sabah with fond memories, the drive to the Ranau area, going to the National Park and just enjoying the cool mountain air was just wonderful.

























Before we left the resort, my family and I decided to take a little stroll around the compound of the resort, it was cool, breezy and it was such a lovely day.  We went to the observation deck located near the resort and this was the view.  Breathtaking isn't it?  Mount Kinabalu in all her glory. 

























I just kept taking pictures, just aiming and capturing what I could.  Wish I was a better photographer.

























Being this "close" to the mountain, sometimes you're lulled into this false sense of "yeah that looks like it's easy to climb"

























Imagine what it'd be like living in this high up in the mountains.

























Yeah I asked myself that question as I was looking out at this sight.  What would it be like living up here?  Well for one thing, you don't have to worry about the fresh air, that's for sure.

Overall, our short trip to Sabah was fun, a chance to feel the cool mountain air was something we wont soon forget and there was an added bonus (I forgot to take pictures of this mainly because I was too busy stuffing my face), the bonus was having fresh durians in such a cool relaxing atmosphere.  As we're were driving around, exploring, we came across a stall selling durians.  We jumped at the chance to enjoy the King Of Fruits.  If you're ever in Kota Kinabalu, up in the mountains, try some durians in the mountains.  If you're like me, a fan of durians, you'll love the experience.

Thanks for dropping by, thanks for reading, if you want, you can follow my blog.  Drop by anytime, you're always welcome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment